If we told you that you could reduce your utility bill by as much as 30% every month just by taking some simple steps with your heating and cooling system, would you do it? Now that I have your attention…
Here’s how you can save significantly on energy usage related to the HVAC:
- Use a PROGRAMMABLE or SMART Wi-Fi thermostat. These controls are great for saving on the biggest energy sucker in your home. Heating and cooling a home accounts for about half of your electric bill so using a thermostat that learns your occupancy patterns and programs itself for highest eco-efficiency save you a lot on your energy bills.
- Change your air filters regularly. Clogged air filters force your HVAC to have to work harder to heat or cool your living spaces. Change them regularly to allow air to flow comfortably and freely…and most cost-effectively. Not just that, clogged air filters are the #1 reason for HVAC repairs. Simple enough to do, but you’d be surprised how many homeowners don’t change their air filters.
- Schedule an HVAC checkup. Regular maintenance on your heating system in the fall and cooling system in the spring helps keep your system running at peak efficiency–and keep it running for a long time! For more information on the importance of HVAC maintenance, call the Experts at 915-598-1732.
- When replacing appliances (including the HVAC) buy ENERGY STAR products. Energy Star products have been tested, approved and endorsed to meet the strictest efficiency standards for your greatest energy savings.
- Upgrade your HVAC and choose a high-SEER, high-efficient heat pump model. Heat pumps are higher in efficiency generally than a forced air system. And, the higher the SEER of the air conditioning unit, the more you’ll save on the energy usage.
We hope you found these tips helpful in your careful consideration of reducing your energy consumption related to the HVAC system. If you wish to explore any of these tips with Expert HVAC and Refrigeration, give us a call at 915.598.1732.
FREE NEW SYSTEM ESTIMATES. FINANCING OPTIONS.